Friday, March 5, 2010

How He Loves Us




Jackson and I have the privilege of being part of a new church, South Bay Church. Last week, we celebrated the church's one year anniversary and the service was incredible. Pastor Andy talked about how God cares so much for the individual, and as we move forward into year 2 we must remember that God loves us individually and wants to use us to show other individuals his amazing love. My favorite part of the service was the Cardboard Testimonies (click to watch, you might want to grab some tissues beforehand). I was bawling. One side of the cardboard shows where people are without Christ or a struggle that they have had (and may still have). The other side shows how God's love has changed their perspective and/or situation. Jackson and I have a dream of seeing our family, friends, and people we have yet to meet experiencing this change... maybe even holding a piece of cardboard at South Bay Church one day. More so, we want to 'wear' our cardboards each day so that people around us can see the all-consuming, transforming love of Jesus Christ. I wanted to hold a cardboard last Sunday, but I had commitments and couldn't make the practice time or both services. Here's some of the words I thought I could hold: Performing, hurt, trapped --> "Be-ing", healed, free; Perfectionist, insecure --> Work in Progress, Secure in Him; Self destructive, angry, confused --> Productive, healthily deal with emotions, clarity through God... I can think of so many more, but I think those would be my 'top' messages. How He Loves Us!

No comments: