Saturday, April 24, 2010

Travelin' Mama


So, as you can see from my previous post, I made a quick jaunt to Colorado last weekend. It was wonderful. I missed Jackson and my girls tremendously. Next weekend, I'm going on yet ANOTHER trip. I have the privilege of spending the weekend in San Diego (El Cajon to be exact) with my BF from college and matron of honor, Lindsey. I am stoked. The more I think about the trip, the more I think about (1) how much fun I'll have and (2)just how much I'll miss Jackson, Belle, and Juliette. Since Belle's been born, Jackson and I made time to go on dates and we even got away for the night a handful of times. We still go on dates... we've been on a lot since Juliette was born thanks to wonderful family and friends, but I haven't gone away solo like this for at least 4 years. Just the other day, I got a MOPS article in my inbox. I don't think it's a coincidence. As a wife and mom, I'm constantly pouring out energy to my family. I love it and I believe I was made to do just that. During this season, I'm realizing that in order to be the best wife and mom I can be, I also need to pour into myself. Believe it or not, that message is still sinking in... More than just taking time out to journal, read, and do things that invest in me, I also need to connect with friends and refresh myself so that I can continue to grow into the woman that God's made me to be. I know this isn't anything new, but I'm excited to be learning this and actually allowing myself to get away. I'll be at boarding a Southwest airplane this time next week to head to San Diego.... Crazy.

1 comment:

Lindsey said...

You are SO CUTE!!! And yes I agree this will be awesome time to pour into YOU and fill you up so that you can be an even better wife and mother than you already are! I SO CAN'T wait to see you!!!!!!