Saturday, August 23, 2008

The Cornelio Circle of Trust


I just love my family. I really do. We are far from perfect, but I feel so blessed to be in the family that I'm in. This post is dedicated to Dad and Shannon.
Last night, we had a birthday party for my dad at my parent's house. We had Karaoke, Texas Hold 'Em, and a lot of good food. It was a blast. I love the 'get-togethers' that happen at my parent's place because there's always awesome food, great people, and good music. As I was looking around at the people that came to the party I was reminded of how many people are woven into my parent's lives, and in turn, my life. My dad and I have not always seen eye to eye, and there's been a lot of misunderstandings between us throughout my childhood and adolescence. However, I am so happy to say that my dad and I now have a good relationship it is so fun to share friends and good times together. Happy Birthday Dad!
In other news, my sister Shannon and I have become a lot closer over the past two years. Shannon came to work at The Shed Shop in August 2006 right before I had Belle and we've had the chance to work together for almost two years. I am so proud of who Shannon is and who she's becoming. I have learned so much more about her past (the years we didn't talk all of the time) and her heart over these two years and will always treasure this season of life we had together. On my last day of work- make that the last couple weeks of work, we both cried a few times and reminisced on how much we've done together. Shannon has so much God-given talent it's almost ridiculous. She has a great memory, learns things really fast, and knows a lot about a lot of things. I am so happy to see her happy and I know that this year is going to be a really special one for Shannon. I'm getting really excited for her and Eddie's wedding this spring... Recycling Shannon's words pertaining to my last day at The Shed Shop, "It will be a day of celebration!"

No comments: