Tuesday, August 12, 2008

An Amazing Day


This past Sunday- August 11th, 2008- was an amazing day. I got to see my dear friend, Shaya Kahali, get baptized. It was a bit surreal. I have been praying that Shaya would come to have a personal relationship with God since we were in high school. Shaya shared with the entire Crossroads service that she knows God has been pursuing her for all of these years, she believes that Jesus Christ died for her sins, and that she wants to have a relationship with God from now through eternity. While Shaya was sharing, I had one of those smiles that made my mouth feel like it was going to rip. Simultaneously, I had tears welling in my eyes and thought I was going to start bawling hysterically with overwhelming joy a few times.

When I got home after the baptisms on Sunday, I resurrected some of my old journals and found prayers for Shaya's life dating back to my early college days. God is truly incredible. He answers prayer. He uses the most unlikely situations and times to remind us of His faithfulness. After more than 10 years for praying for Shaya, I have seen God do awesome things in her life. Sunday was an amazing day-- one of the best days of my life.

No comments: