Wednesday, September 10, 2008

First Offical Lesson (for Student Teaching)

Today was my first formal observation. My supervisor came in and watched me deliver a math lesson about pictographs and other graphs to 21 3rd graders. It went well. I was initially nervous about the whole observation situation. When I started the lesson, it felt natural and I loved every minute of interacting with the students. I had some positive feedback and am excited to keep teaching. Every day I'm in the classroom, I'm more sure that I was meant to be a teacher.

I realized that I only have 7.4 weeks left with my master teacher and the class I'm in and I'm actually sad. I'll be happy to have a new learning experience of course (in my next 9 week student teaching placement), but I LOVE the kids in the class and the teaching skills I'm learning from my master teacher. Also, I love 3rd grade. I think I may want to teach 3rd grade now.

1 comment:

Jackson said...

7.4 weeks? You're hilarious, I love you! You're already an awesome teacher and I'm excited for the hundreds/thousands/etc students you're going to impact.