Saturday, April 30, 2011

Sisterly Love












I have been amazed by the bond that Juliette and Belle have been forming. Their personalities are so different, and it works. Even from when Juliette was an infant (I'm talking four months old), the two girls have played together well... and a lot. Little Fiona has quickly joined the pair and bright smiles are shared by all three- often. Lately, Juliette truly misses Belle when Belle's gone and talks about it. "Belle! Juju play Belle!" I'm having a great time watching our girls interact and enjoying how natural their love for one another seems to come.

Now, don't get me wrong. Just this morning we had to tell Belle it's not okay to trip Juliette while she's happily running around. Juliette expresses her love for Fiona by "Elmyra-style" hugging her or touching her. I don't have rose-colored glasses when it comes to love being the only emotional bond these kids will share. Coming from a family of four girls, I know there are lots of feelings communicated through the years. As the years and maybe even months pass, I know that there will be hard times where the 'sisterly love' may be hard to feel. And, I also know that love isn't built on butterflies, rainbows, and warm fuzzies. That all said, I am relishing our girls' 'love' one another and plan to do all I can to nurture and support the family bonds in our home.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

aaawww....as we both know the bonds of sisterly love run deep in many ways! Just this morning to was so precious to see Juju patting Belle's back. I know from our experiences it would be impossible for you to have rose colored glasses on.Love reading this!