Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Passion Week and Easter

This year Passion Week and Easter was even better than the last. I hope we can say that with each passing year. We had a lot of things going on during the week that made for a crazy, and even difficult time (I plan to blog about that later) but it was a sweet celebration and remembrance.

Belle is at a great age "four-and-a-half as of April 4th!... I'm big!". She seemed to really understand things this year and was excited about each and every activity that we did. She continually said, "Mom! Jesus is alive... He is alive and he did what no one has ever done before".

The Sunday before Easter we made Easter Rolls. We used some indulgent ingredients, but the whole point was to have the marshmallow melt and disappear just like Jesus' body was no where to be found when he left the tomb.

Another day, we did a Resurrection Easter Egg Hunt. This ended up being an activity we did multiple times a day leading up to Easter Sunday. Belle can tell the story herself now.

On Friday, we made a Tomb Garden.


On Sunday, Belle woke up to a different garden.


Here's the only picture I ended up taking Easter Sunday. The Perdue Girls ready for Bay Kids!


We celebrated Easter by attending and serving at Southbay Church. I encourage you to read my friend Stacie's Easter Rewind.

I hope you enjoyed your Passion Week and Easter too. Any ideas for next year? Send 'em my way!