Saturday, January 1, 2011

Reflections and Revisions Take 2

Wow! I have found myself thinking and saying, "It can't be the new year already...". Last year, I wrote a post about the year entitled Reflections and Revisions. With lack of time and energy, I've cleverly made this post the second version of last year's. I'm even going to use the exact same format... here we go!

2010 has been a year of blessings and miracles. Here are some I'd like to share:
- Juliette was but a little newbie this time last year... almost 3 months old. We've seen so many milestones and firsts this year that have been awesome to be a part of.
- Belle started preschool (she will still go until the end of May) and loves it! She also completed her first ballet class and learned how to swing ("even without a push start, Mom!") towards the end of 2010.
- We found out Jax had his teaching position for another school year (a true miracle)!
- I was able to fly out to Colorado and attend my Aunt and Uncle's 50th wedding anniversary.
- I also got to visit one of my best friends Lindsey in San Diego in May.
- I got pregnant in May with Fiona (another miraculous event... ).
- I worked for a short stint teaching classes this summer at our local community college. A way God provided for us to send Belle to preschool.
- We spent our summer vacations well... a week in Anaheim, camping at Sequoia National Forest, beach/zoo/park trips...
- We celebrated our 6th wedding anniversary... we had a fun getaway!
- We co-led and then led a Small Group through our church this year.
- We were able to be a part of Dave and Megan's wedding in August (Jackson's brother and my wonderful new sis-in-law).
- Jackson turned 30.
- Belle celebrated her 4th birthday, and Juliette her 1st year at the beginning of October.
- Have continued to be involved with MOPS (Mothers of Preschoolers) and am loving every minute of it.
- I got the privilege of staying home with both of my girls for most of the year (sans my part time teaching during the summer).
- We moved in and out of our home for over a month. I am also really excited that over the past 2 weeks Jackson and I have done a ton of home projects to make our home run as smoothly as possible with 3 little ones...

Here are the questions that I want to answer and pose for 2010 and 2011, respectively:

Did I fall more in love with Jesus?
Did I love Jackson well?
Am I loving my daughters into the arms of Christ?
Have I taken care of what has been entrusted to me?

To be quite honest, I could do more. It's been a year of many celebrations and miracles but as I look at the year and even in my journals I want more. SO, it is my heartfelt prayer that this time next year I will be writing that I fell more in love with Jesus, Jackson, and took great care with all that God has entrusted to me.

Here are some of my favorites pics from 2010...


Our Little Fiona... still in the womb. Due mid February of this year.

Visiting with Linds in SD this spring...

Belle and Juliette have had so much fun bonding and growing together this year!


We had lots of BBQs and celebrations this year...
Camping
Camping/Juliette about to fall asleep. LOL!
Dave and Megan's Wedding... Jax was the best Best Man!
Belle at ballet....





2 comments:

Lindsey said...

Love this post!! Also loved all the pictures!!! I miss you and hope we can catch up soon!!! Love you!

Unknown said...

too cute!! love all the pics. It is amazing to see how much your family has grown. What a great reflection for the year :)