Thursday, December 3, 2009

So glad



It's been a rough couple of months. There's been a lot of things going on, especially illnesses in my immediate and extended family. Right now both of the girls have horrible diarrhea and little Juliette threw up last night. I haven't slept more than a few hours at a time since October 10th, almost two months. I knew that I'd be in a care taker role during this season, but I did not know how much care taking would be required. A few days ago I realized that in the past couple of weeks I've been doing things more out of my energy, not God's strength. It took a painful experience for me to remember- really remember- that I can't live a minute without God. My circumstances haven't changed much but I feel so glad in my heart right now. My mom texted me today, "This is the day that the Lord has made, let us rejoice and be glad in it". At the time I didn't feel so glad. I started the day, even after that wonderful reminder, trying to do things on my own. God gave me the gift of a phone call with Lindsey (my amazing friend that continually helps me with anything and everything and encourages me to keep running the race with God well). Then, I got another gift, the gift of time - both girls are napping at the same time which hasn't happened but maybe once since Baby J was born. I was able to spend a good amount of time reading my Bible, journaling, praying, and just being. This is the day... this is the day that the Lord has made. I'm going to be glad and rejoice in it.

1 comment:

Lindsey said...

Awesome. Let us rejoice!! I love you!!!!!