Tuesday, October 21, 2008

My Princess



Jackson and I are having a blast hanging out with Belle right now. We always have loved playing with her, but it's getting more fun with each passing day. Last night, Belle and I were playing after dinner (Jackson was still working). Belle said, "Mommy, I need my crown". I reminded her where she could find her fairly new Cinderella tiara and she quickly retrieved it. Then, I asked her if she wanted to wear her princess skirt (glittery, pink tutu- yes, she got one for her birthday). She ran to her closet to grab her skirt as if to say, "Is there even a question? Of course I'll be donning on my princess skirt." After she had her crown and skirt in place, she began to spin around in circles singing, "I--- am a princess! I-- am a princess!" My heart was bursting. I actually video taped her and I playing for about 20 minutes and snapped a few photos, two of which are on this post. I pray that Belle will always know she is a princess. She is certainly Daddy and Mommy's princess, but she is also God's princess and will one day make a very lucky prince very happy.

No comments: