Friday, October 1, 2010

Belle's Turning 4!

October 4, 2006... a day that forever changed my life.


October 2007... Belle playing at a local park as a toddler.

October 2008...
Belle dancing with her princess pinata at her 2nd birthday party.


October 2009... Belle's 3rd birthday party.


End of August 2010... Belle playing in Grammy and Papa's yard.

The past couple of months have been pretty emotional for me. It could be exaggerated by the fact that I'm 5 months pregnant... I've been thinking about how crazy it is that my baby girl is turning 4. She started preschool at the beginning of this month and I'm still not used to the fact that she's already attending preschool. Belle's sister, Juliette, is almost 1 and toddling around everywhere at this point. Time IS flying.

I can't begin to chronicle how this precious girl has impacted my life. So, I'll pick 4 ways that Belle has changed me for the better.

1. I know and love God more. I've definitely been (even more) faced with how selfish, fearful, and controlling I can be. Belle's birth and life have done nothing but draw me closer to Jesus.

2. I love Jackson more. I didn't think this possible, but seeing the love of my life as a father has given me a deeper love for my husband.

3. I became a teacher. I've always wanted to teach and thought, "I might do that sometime...". After Belle was born, it really pushed me to get my teaching credential and even finish my Masters in Education before her little sister was born.

4. I take care of me more. Having little ones is a "beautiful nightmare". I don't do all the things I did before little Belle came into my life, but having her has forced me to draw boundaries and protect her, my family, and myself.

Happy 4th Birthday Belle Elizabeth Alana Perdue (in 3 days)!

2 comments:

Encountering Freedom said...

J-this is beautiful Thanks for sharing it! What a sweet reminder that the Lord continues to shape us through all seasons of our lives. You are missed.

Unknown said...

I can't believe it either!! She is amazing in countless ways. I feel so blessed to be a part of her life and seeing her grow into a wonderful little lady. Time is flying, keep chronicling the moments because it seem like not that long ago we where her age.